When putting together your dental marketing plan, one thing to consider is how patients typically choose a new dentist.
Focusing on these five factors is a great way to decide where and how to market your dental services.
1) Word of mouth: We all know that going to the dentist can be a scary thing for some people, and typically friends and family will ask one another for referrals. It is always comforting to hear that a dentist is patient, friendly and kind, and if a trusted individual refers us, we tend to trust their opinion. Keep in mind that word of mouth travels faster through social media so it’s important to have a presence there when someone mentions you.
2) Discounts: New patient discounts are another great way to get people in your doors. Offering a discounted package, with X-rays and cleaning, or even a free first visit is a wonderful way to guarantee repeat business. Take a look online at a comparable market area (not your own) and see what some other dentists are promoting or have aPPC/Mobile search professional search their database.
3) Mobile searches: When people move, they tend to do an online or mobile search to find a new practitioner. If your name is not found, you will not get that new business. A mobile or responsive website is a way to ensure that new patients can find you. Advertising on mobile apps is another great way to be discovered.
4) Favorable online reviews: When we search for a new business, many of us like to read favorable reviews before we decide to purchase that product or make an appointment for a service. If your current patients leave favorable reviews, prospective patients will read them and make the decision to see you. Google reviews are most favorable and in internal system like Demandforce automates these reviews to your website.
5) Contact information or Call to actions: Having a ‘”Click here to Schedule” form on your webpage is a great way to encourage new patients. They do not have to worry about writing down a phone number and making a call, they can simply send you a note via your webpage, instantly. Making sure those messages are returned as soon as possible is key to getting that business.
These factors are important in helping new patients find and choose your practice.