How many stars does your dental practice have in Google?
Let’s say a patient goes on Google looking for a dentist in Champaign, Illinois. Google pulls up a list of dental practices in the city and surrounding areas. Google displays an average of the patient ratings (1 to 5 stars) on the search engine page. People are able to bring up the reviews and get more details.
Those patient ratings are very powerful in dentist marketing. People want to know what other people think about a particular dentist before they visit for the first time. Patient reviews on Google are one way they find out.
How can you get patient reviews on Google?
- Become a verified business on Google. Every business can get a listing on Google. However, becoming verified allows you to respond to reviews and update your Google listing as needed. The verification can happen by phone or postcard. Need help? Click here for business listing services.
- Make it easy for your patients. Put together a handout that asks your patients to do a Google review. Give them simple instructions on how to do it. If you have multiple practice locations, create a handout unique to each. Another option is to add a link to the dental practice website.
- Ask. When you have patients come into the office, ask them if they would be willing to do a review for the dental practice. If they are, give them a handout and thank them for their participation.
- Reach out to patients. Some of your patients will not be in the office for several months. Send an email to them asking them to do a Google review. Provide an electronic version of the handout to make it easy for them. Another option is to embed a link to the review site directly to the email.
- Respond to reviews. Since you are a verified business, you can respond to reviews that patients place. Thank them for the review, even if it is not entirely positive. If there are any negatives mentioned, respond directly to them.
Once your patients start providing reviews on Google for your dental practice, you are able to reach a wider audience. That is a critical piece to search engine optimization (SEO) and your dentist marketing startegy.